By Nick Dixon
All successful Little League Baseball Coaches have common characteristics that make them a "cut above" average youth baseball coaches. These character traits enable the successful baseball coach to have top quality practices and to get great game performances from his team. Successful coaches are able to compete season after season. They often coach their teams to championships. This article outlines what I consider to be the 7 character traits of successful Little League Coaches.
The 7 character traits of the successful Little League Coach are:
1. He has a true passion and love for the game. He truly loves spending time at the baseball field. He loves to practice. He loves to participate in games. The bigger the game; the more pressure; the more he likes it. He studies the game to increase his knowledge. He watches as many high school, college, and Major League Baseball games as he possible each season.
2. He has a sincere concern for each of his player's welfare. He takes care of his players. He listens to their concerns. He is concerned for their physical safety and mental well being. He wants each and every player to achieve to their highest potential.
3. He has great organizational skills. He carefully plans and organizes every practice. He carefully plans pregame and warm-up activities. He leaves nothing to chance. Everything his team does has a time, a place and a purpose.
4. He has great communication skills. - He knows how to make complicated explanations of a skill or drill sound simple and easy. He does not talk down to his players. He also has a good rapport with the parents of his players. He knows how important it is to openly communicate his goals and visions for the team to the parents.
5. He is enthusiastic about both practices and games. - He never dreads going to practice. He always gets excited about the next game. He has a high level of enthusiasm and his enthusiasm shows.
6. He has the ability to discipline without getting personal. He does not get personal when he corrects or disciplines a player. He makes sure that the kids know he loves them. He does not make smart comments that are said to embarrass or humiliate a player. He makes sure that when problems occur, he handles them swiftly and fairly. The kids know that he cares for them enough to want each of them to act right.
7. He has a positive attitude that is contagious. - He always displays a positive attitude and spirit. He knows that his attitude is emulated by the players. If he reacts in the wrong way to pressure, then his team will also. He must display patience and perseverance. He must keep his head up regardless of the score or the situation.
Above all, successful coaches know and remember the following two quotes. When it comes to players, "They do not care what you know...until they know how much you care!" and "Winning is not everything....Expecting to Win is."
Nick Dixon is the President and founder of Nedco Sports, a sports training company established in 1999. Dixon is also an active and full time high school baseball coach with over 25 years experience. Coach Dixon is better known as the inventor of the BatAction Hitting Machine, the SKLZ Derek Jeter Hurricane Hitting Machine, the SKLZ Target Trainer, the SKLZ Derek Jeter ZipnHit Pro, and the SKLZ Strikeback Trainer. Dixon is also a contributing writer for BaseballCoachingDigest, the Youth Baseball Digest, the Baseball Parent Guide, the Baseball 2Day Coaches Journal, and Blog4Coaches.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Nick_Dixon
Derek Jeter Hurricane Hitting Machine
HurricaneMachine.com - Links
---15 Reasons To Buy a Hurricane Trainer
---6 Questions Often Asked By Customers
---Message to Parents From Coach Nick
---Hurricane Hitting Machine Drills
---20-Minute Hurricane Batting Practice Workout
---Hurricane Hitting Machine Video Demo Clips
Baseball2u.com has a one of the internet's largest selections of baseball coaching and training dvds.
Derek Jeter Hurricane Hitting Machine by SKLZ
Welcome to the Hurricane Hitting Machine Blog for Baseball Coaches, Players and Parents. Our daily posts can help you get the most out of your baseball drills and team practices. Our free baseball articles, baseball coaching tips, and baseball drills can help your baseball player or baseball team improve. Our archive has hundreds of articles related to baseball training and baseball practice.